OUR QUEST FOR MODERN MEDICAL IMAGING
ALMONTE GENERAL HOSPITAL FAIRVIEW MANOR FOUNDATION
CT scans are used to diagnose a variety of problems from cancer and cardiovascular disease to infectious diseases, appendicitis, trauma and musculoskeletal disorders. CT scanning provides images of internal organs, bones, soft tissue and blood vessels.
Currently, all patients requiring a CT Scan are sent to another hospital. The result for the patient is not only inconvenience and the expense of travel, but also stress related to a delayed diagnosis. A CT scan would also help AGH attract the best possible physicians to provide health care close to home in our Emergency Department, Inpatient Units and Operating Room. Up-to-date, state-of-the-art equipment is one of the key elements physicians look for when choosing a place to practice.
The purchase of a CT scanner will help to provide faster and more accurate diagnoses of a wide range of diseases and conditions that cannot be detected by Ultrasound or X-rays. The CT scanner will also allow AGH physicians to provide diagnoses more quickly and reduce the need for patients to leave the facility and their community for health care.
WHY ALMONTE NEEDS A CT SCAN
CT scans can help to:
• Diagnose muscle and bone disorders, such as bone tumours and fractures
• Pinpoint the location of a tumour, infecton or blood clot
• Detect and monitor diseases and conditons such as cancer, heart disease, lung nodules and liver masses
• Monitor the effectveness of certain treatments, such as cancer treatment
• Detect internal injuries and internal bleeding